Passenger Guidelines RESERVATIONS & POLICIES
- Reservations made after office hours for service the following day are considered same day reservations, and will include a same day reservation fee.
- Voice mail reservation requests will only be accepted if accompanied by a phone number for confirmation. Your ride will be confirmed by phone.
- Please tell us if you need any special assistance for pick-up or delivery.
- Same day side stops, changes in reservation times or destinations will be charged an additional service fee. (See Fare Structure on reverse side.)
- Reservations and side stops are accepted based on availability.
- West Central Mass Transit District has a five (5) minute waiting period. Passengers not boarding within 5 minutes of any reservation time will be considered a "no-show" and all remaining rides for the day will be cancelled.
- Passengers who “no show” advance reservations will be charged a “no show” fee.
- If three “no shows” are received in 30 days transit service will be suspended for one month.
- Cancellations are accepted at any time up to 30 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up.
- West Central Mass Transit District reserves a fifteen (15) minute pick-up window on either side of the requested reservation time. Please be prepared to board anytime within this time frame.
- Payment is due when boarding the vehicle. Exact change is required.
- Riders with physical or cognitive impairments that impede independent travel must be accompanied by an escort or Personal Assistant. West Central Mass Transit District allows for the free transport of Personal Assistants, escorts and service animals.
- WCMTD Drivers reserve the right to provide or deny transportation should drivers determine that passenger boarding may jeopardize the safety of themselves and other passengers, WCMTD staff or equipment.
- Seatbelts must be fastened
- No standing is allowed while the bus is in operation.
- Trash brought on board should be taken with the passenger upon exiting the bus.
- No smoking, use of tobacco products, alcohol or illegal drugs is permitted in WCMTD vehicles.
- No food or drink is permitted in WCMTD vehicles.
- Children, as required by Illinois law, must be secured in an approved child safety seat provided by the parent/guardian.
- Reservations and changes to reservations will only be accepted by the person the reservation is for.
- Traveling passengers must be able to do so without disturbance to other passengers or the driver.
- Special Service trips may be arranged by contacting WCMTD office.
- Drivers are not responsible for delivery of packages onto or off the vehicle or into buildings. Packages are limited to the number of parcels that can be carried in one trip. No Exceptions.
MONTHLY PASSES & STUDENT PASSES
- Passengers traveling in wheelchairs or those needing vehicle lift assistance are required to be at ground level before drivers assist passengers onto the lift.
- WCMTD vehicles are equipped with wheelchair lifts with a capacity of 600 lbs. Drivers are not allowed to assist wheelchair passengers up or down steps or provide assistance to wheelchair passengers when hazardous conditions exist at the point of pick-up or at the point of destination.
- Drivers may not conduct matters of personal business for any passenger.
- Drivers may provide assistance with package delivery onto WCMTD vehicles and to the door of the residence only. Drivers are not permitted to enter the passenger residence.
- Passenger purchases should be limited to the amount of packages that can be carried in one trip.
- No exceptions.
- WCMTD is not responsible for personal items or packages during transit, side stops, or when passenger exits the WCMTD vehicle.
- Passenger complaints or suggestions should be directed to:
- Monthly passes are available for purchase, and are valid for 30 days from date of purchase.
- Passes are non transferable and non refundable.
- Monthly pass holders are required to make advanced reservations.
- Side stop fees are included in the monthly pass, should the side stop reservation be made in advance.
- Same day reservations, same day side stop reservations, on board side stop requests made by monthly pass holders will cost $1.00 per stop.
- Student passes are only valid for rides to and from school and school related activities.
- Students under 16 years of age must have a current Emergency Contact sheet filled out by the parent prior to service being provided.
- Students under age 12 must have all reservations made by parents.
- Students ages 12 -14 may make reservations with written consent from parents.
- Students 14 and up may make reservations without parent consent.
- Drivers DO NOT have the authority to demand that a child board the bus.
- Drivers will only deliver a student to the location previously arranged by the parents.
FOR MORE SPECIFIC GUIDELINES PLEASE REFER TO COUNTY SPECIFIC BROCHURES LOCATED ON THE INDIVIDUAL COUNTY PAGES
The West Central Mass Transit District
is committed to providing a safe, reliable & timely means of public transportation.
"Curb to Curb" transportation features the ease of home pick-up with the
added convenience of transporting you to "your" destination.
Funding for the WCMTD is provided by :
Illinois Department of Transportation
Federal Transportation Administration.
WCMTD is an equal opportunity employer.
A drug and alcohol free workplace.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS PLEASE LET US KNOW AT